Home Member Honors! Covid-19 Discussion Portable Chemical Disinfection Station for a Mobile Practice

Portable Chemical Disinfection Station for a Mobile Practice

Home Member Honors! Covid-19 Discussion Portable Chemical Disinfection Station for a Mobile Practice

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Bonnie Ackles
      Keymaster

Here is a picture of the portable chemical disinfection station that I use during an all-day foot clinic in the field. I use this arrangement for the bits & burs that I want to re-use for multiple clients. I bring enough curettes and clippers for an entire day and take them home for autoclaving, but this set-up can easily handle those larger sizes as well if you need to do a chemical sterilization on the spot. This is a simple set-up and serves the purpose for a 4 step chemical sterilization.
      1) Pre-Clean. Wash off debris in soapy water w/brush (I use Hibiclens CHG 4%. Any soap will do)
      2) Rinse. Place burs in dipping basket and rinse in clear water
      3) Dry off excess water to avoid diluting the solution. (I pat dry items & dipping basket w/paper towel)
      4) Place pre-cleaned burs into disinfectant liquid in the dipping basket (per directions on label). Rinse & use

The plastic container is a Sistema 3-section locking lunch container, with a platform area that I use for drying (4-steps). I got mine on Amazon, then found a similar product at Dollar Store. Do not transport liquid in this container, it is NOT leak-proof. I transport my liquid disinfectant in a small leak-proof Mason jar and bring only enough to cover instruments. I carry liquid soap in a small spill proof vial. I discard all the liquids on site at the end of clinic.

Bonnie Ackles, RN, CFCS
      The Visiting Foot Care Nurse
      Edmonds, WA. 98020
      Bjackles@comcast.net

One of the deep secrets of life is…all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others. Lewis Carroll

Attachments:
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.